The swell in the popularity of student accommodation in Loughborough makes it necessary for pupils to know their rights as tenants. Tiresome landlords can make your stint as tenants difficult with superfluous rules, regulations, and even penalties if you remain unaware of your rights. Read on to know how you can secure your rights to avert instances of unfair practices by your landlord.
- Pupils must be aware of the fact that their renting rights are no different than that of any other individual. You must make sure that the rent agreement you sign includes your name as well as the landlord’s.
- The binding agreement must have the rental sum, maintenance fees and the period of lease denoted. This will ensure that you are not charged in excess or asked to vacate the premises prior to the termination of your contract.
- Find out whether the deposit amount you pay will be fully refundable upon vacating Loughborough student houses. Ensure that it is included in the agreement along with guidelines that govern an early termination with an appropriate notice period.
- Beware of signing rental agreements that say that the tenant is liable to pay for all repairs and damages.
- Pupils with friends as roommates will be leasing under the ‘House in Multiple Occupation’ schemes. You can look up the kind of tenancy you hold to further clarify specific rights that pertain to unique situations.
Choosing to stay in Loughborough University student accommodation will give you the opportunity to pick housing approved by the university. This in turn will guarantee that your rights as students are protected, in addition to ensuring that you can avail prompt assistance whenever necessary.